Assessment is the foundation of a well planned and successful wellness programme. This is best achieved by health checks at your workplace by our experienced Registered Nurses. Nurses are trained to recognise unspoken signals - the human touch works! The employer has the option to receive an aggregated report identifying the health risks of the organisation. This enables a focussed approach to the "what next".
Heart Health Checks Include:
- Cholesterol (Total/HDL Ratio; HDL; LDL)
- Blood sugar and diabetes risk
- Blood Pressure
- Height & Weight
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Waist Circumference
- Individualised lifestyle advice
Checks take approximately 15 to 20 minutes and results are discussed with each client.
Each staff member receives their own confidential results booklet. This provides a good record as well as information on what was tested.
For information on Health Monitoring go to http://www.medpro.co.nz/?p=221
Recent Studies Show:
- More than 66% of New Zealanders are either overweight or obese
- Heart attacks and strokes are largely preventable yet one New Zealander dies of heart disease every hour.
- Poor nutrition has an impact on people's productivity through factors such as lack of energy, poor concentration and lowered immunity.
- New Zealand has one of the highest rates of Diabetes in the OECD and this increases risk of cardiovascular disease significantly.
- A high percentage of people are not operating at their full capacity due to their health. This can be improved with simple lifestyle changes.
Healthy Employees = A Healthy Bottom Line